Thursday, September 20, 2012

Don't Quit

"Ok, line up" were some of the worst words that heard during football practice. What it meant was that we were going to run some 40-yard sprints. Part of what I didn't care for when hearing this phrase was that I didn't know how many we were going to run. That unknown number was part of what I didn't like. If I know we were going to run ten of them, I could pace myself. However, I am guessing that our coach wanted us to put out effort throughout them all and not "pace" ourselves.

That training time had its enjoyable moments, but then there were times it definitely was not enjoyable. Though I didn't ever become something of a "champion" in sports, many people have and that brings us to this week's quote...
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." ~ Muhammad Ali
Ali was one of the greatest boxers of his time. He was able to accomplish a lot and he is still known today as a great boxer. He worked hard and the work paid off.

Whether we are training for a long race or a short one, we must be ready to not quit and look forward to any rewards that may be coming our way, as a result of perseverance.

As you go through life, I want you to think about what you may hate in life or even dislike, but if you will continue to press on, you too, can become a "champion" of sorts.

Now, it's your turn...what have you had to endure in life...of which you didn't quit?

No comments: