Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Monday Mentionings: Fishing for Your Attention - Exodus 3

It has been a long two weeks since I sent out the last Monday Mentionings! With going to Kansas and all the fun of "baby" stuff, seems like a lot has gone on in a short amount of time!

Saturday night was a meeting of our Vision Team...and man, was I pumped after that meeting. God is working in those team members! I am looking forward to the next time, already! I love to hear about others' ideas and how God is working in their lives. It totally inspires me to do more for God and His Kingdom! I was so full of "shazam" (that is the best "excitement" word) that it took me quite a while to fall asleep on Saturday. I was pumped for seeing everyone and teaching and preaching. And I was already ready for Monday to come, to start on specific things.

As yesterday was Father's Day, I hope that all the fathers were able to have a "catered" day! God calls men to be the spiritual leaders. That was one of the goals in the sermon yesterday...to step up to the challenge. Here are some additional applications to use...

  1. Where is your environment in which you spend a lot of your time? God is asking you to serve Him there. He is putting before you ways in which you can serve Him. If your home is not perfect - which I would say that there isn't one - then you have a challenge there. If your workplace is not perfect, then you have a challenge there, too. The challenge to the challenge is to discern what the specific challenge is for you in the environment. Ask God to lead you in the wisdom to know how you are to be used by God in your environment. It could be somewhere else, even.
  2. Watch out for the hook! God may hook you into doing something that you never thought you would be involved in! Maybe it will be through some friends or through a hobby that you have that may open doors for ways to use it.
  3. God needs you! As it took some humility for Simon to accept help from the Lord, may you also be humble and accept/look for help from Him. What will God fill your "net" with???

Have a surprise-filled week!

Casting my net ~
Jarrod

No comments: