Saturday, February 23, 2013

Playing on God's Team

Are you on a team? Have you ever been on a team? From my experiences of being on a team, playing was much more fun than watching. Getting to be "in on the action" seemed to be more rewarding. Having the pressure on myself to do well for the team was what I wanted. Even to this day, I like to be involved in any team I'm on, versus watching others participate.

Unfortunately, when I played some sports in middle school, I sarcastically say that I was a "participant" rather than a "competitor." I was not anything near the "star" of the team, though I greatly enjoyed my time playing and being involved. As I became an adult, I grew more talented in various sports, though I found my niche in other areas, still greatly involved with the team.

With that desire to be involved in any team I'm on, one of the greater teams I enjoy being involved with is God's team. His always wins and anyone who plays on a team, enjoys winning!

With that, I take great joy in participating in God's team and His game plan to save man! It makes me look forward to each encounter I have with people. "How am I going to take this person one step closer to Jesus?" That is a thought I have most of the time. Sometimes, my human weakness gets in the way and I don't always see what I probably need to see in an encounter. However, it does make me look back and ask, "What part did I play with them?"

We have such a great opportunity to go in and be a "hero" to people by giving them the best thing they could ever want...Jesus! I don't care if they already know Jesus, give 'em more! No one ever had too much Jesus!!!

When I read this verse, I like to read it over and over...panning for a little more gold each time...and each time, I always found gold!
"There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men" (I Corinthians 12:6 NIV).
I love asking God to "surprise me" on a regular basis. And, I am amazed what it does for me. I am surprised almost every day! I never know what is going to be around the corner waiting for me to participate in.

I hope  you will take time to think about what part you play on God's team and put your self in the game and go look for the many opportunities that will come your way!

The best part about all of the times I ask God to surprise me...I have the opportunity to play on His team! I am never the star...that will always be Him, but I played a part!!! And it is awesome!

What will the weekend hold? What did your week/weekend entail???

No comments: