Thursday, August 16, 2007

E-mail Encouragement: Beating a Wall

Each one of us has a different life we lead. Some work while others are retired. Life experiences transform us. What have you been transformed into? That isn't something specific, but just self-reflect on what you've become. As we have looked at Nehemiah lately and the whole theme has been "Under Construction", a goal is to see us as always evolving into an even stronger Christian. Part of being a Christian is to share Jesus. When I think about opportunities that have come my way to share Jesus with someone, this quote seemed pertinent...

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door. ~ Dr. Laura Schlessinger

Looking back, I would have to say that I've been a "wall beater" before. Sometimes I have been a "wall beater" because I've wanted something so badly that I was just trying to make a door out of it. God had other plans. Whether it is sharing Jesus, creating change, or something else, beating on a wall will never transform it into a door.

May we have the wisdom to understand when we see an opportunity as a "door" and when they are "walls".

Have a great week!

Sharing Him ~

No comments: