Monday, October 8, 2007

Wherever Your At, That is Where God Can Use You

Whether it is Moses living amidst the Israelites or you living in a world full of people who have been "enslaved" to sin, selfishness, deceit, etc., God will use you where you're at.

Moses was surprised by a burning bush that wouldn't burn up, and then to hear a voice come from the fire. I am surprised when I am going about my day and someone asks me a question that I didn't think I would hear from their mouth. Sometimes I have the time to go on and other times I wish I would have more time. However, part of the greatness in being a Teammate of God's is that the surprises always come.

Recently, I was surprised by having someone open up about a current difficulty they are experiencing. Not only was I surprised by this open door, but the openness of the individual. Additionally, I was surprised that hardly anyone in this community had even asked him about his problem (not even from his own church!!!). Where are the people giving the "water to the thirsty"? Where are those who are supposed to be followers of Jesus (they aren't acting like Jesus, just following!).

My heart goes out to this man. Guys can be tough, but there are certain things that break men down, and life can sometimes deliver the biggest blow! I am thankful that I was led down this path to be here for him at this time. Whether it is a "rest stop" friendship, where he can get a bit of relief, but always know that I am there when he passes by and needs a break in life, or it becomes something long term, it doesn't matter. I am just glad that God opened the door for me to be there for him at this time in his life.

Remember, God will use you where you're at!

God is good.... ~ JS

No comments: