Thursday, January 17, 2008

E-mail Encouragement: Motivate Someone Today

I have just recently shared that each and every time that I watch the movie Hoosiers I want to go play basketball. I also really like movies that are about teachers, coaches, or leaders that influence a group of people to achieve their goal. Those type of movies fire me up to preach. Concerts have also had the same effect. I once wrote a sermon in very little time after coming home from a concert – from the motivation of a certain song. I say all that to get to this week’s quote…

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily. ~ Zig Ziglar

Zig Ziglar is one of my wife’s favorite motivational speakers. While growing up, her family listened to some of his tapes. Motivation is like gas in a tank, it eventually runs out, if not refilled. Each of the motivators that I mentioned only kept me going for a period of time before I needed something else to motivate me. Hence, we need it “daily” in order to have a passion in our lives to do different tasks. It can also be very motivating to motivate someone else. Since you can’t ask someone to motivate you, try motivating someone else – and see how it affects you! Though, if you have a movie, song, or, possibly, a book that motivates you, use that to get you going!

Is there something that motivates you to do things for God? If so, I hope you use it over and over to motivate you to do things for God. If there is something that I can help you with to motivate you, I’d be glad to help motivate you!

May you be motivated daily to share Jesus in practical ways to those you’re around!!!

Have a great rest of your week!

Motivated ~

No comments: