Saturday, April 12, 2008

Surprised at School

Subbing today led to a day full of surprises...

First, a student comes in wanting to work on the computers, partly, and didn't like the sub in the class she was in, partly. As time passed, a conversation arose about relationships/marriage. God allowed me to use a passion for relationships, combined with Love and Respect, with someone.

Later on in the day, I noticed a brochure that I had created laying on top of some books. I asked whose it was, the student sitting there said it was theirs. The assignment was to make a copycat version of the brochure. I told her that I had made it. I was excited that someone chose a brochure that I had created to use as something to model for an assignment. She showed me the brochure, as it was almost finished. It looked very close to the original. She only lacked some pictures, which I proudly told her that I have the graphics and would give them to her. This was an open door to help someone in need of something I could provide, pictures.

In the last class, a student finished his work and decided to come and visit with me because he was "tired of typing". I know the student, I know his family. I enjoyed our visit. Our conversation allowed us to deepen our friendship. God used me to play the part of "dot connector" in the life of this young man.

These weren't the only "God showing up" moments. One other was being asked to be a reference for someone. I get pumped anticipating as to what the next minute will hold and how God will show up and use me.

How has He been using you?

No comments: