Thursday, August 14, 2008

Seeing Life Differently

One of my biggest annoyances is waiting. Whether it is waiting on a phone call, a service technician, or traffic, my attitude towards these instances of waiting do not rank that high on the scale. The longer I have to wait, the worse it can get. How about you? What are things that cause your attitude to go south? Weather, slow cashiers, or atmosphere at work may be areas that affect your attitude. As we focus on the idea of attitude, be inspired to be different as you read this quote...
Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different. Life would undergo a change of appearance because we ourselves had undergone a change of attitude. ~ Katherine Mansfield
As I look to apply this quote to my life, I would focus on waiting. Waiting on a phone call could enable me to pray for that person who is supposed to call me back. Waiting on a service technician could enable me to pray for the person coming and the opportunity to share Jesus with them. Waiting on traffic could enable me to pray about the person in front of me or to praise God for various abilities He's given me.

What areas would apply this quote toward? If the weather hasn't been what you've wanted lately, maybe it is an opportunity to be reminded that we're not in control. If you are fortunate to have a slow cashier, maybe it is an opportunity to encourage them. If your job is getting you down, maybe it is an opportunity to pray for your coworkers, bosses, or employees.

As you look at those areas that affect your attitude, see how you can view it differently so that your attitude can be different. I will bet you will be surprised how your life will start to develop a different appearance.

Anxious to see the outlook of my life as my attitude looks different...

No comments: