Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Being Fed...

This last Sunday was a rare occasion for me. As a minister, I am usually the one doing the talking, aka the feeding. A minister’s call is to provide spiritual food for his audience, and I greatly this part of my job! However, like any profession that gives themselves to others, a time of refueling is always needed.

My family had the privilege of attending an assembly as, basically, a guest. It was a very moving experience. The assembly was first and there was obvious life that resonated throughout the room. It was a fun atmosphere that didn’t seem to have noticeable restrictions. At one point, during some announcements, a man started tossing postcards like Frisbees, toward the audience, all the while saying “Pass these out to your friends”. This was a fun and attention-grabbing way of getting these outreach event postcards in the hands of the people. Even this was a way of being fed…with a sense of spiritual fun.

The singing, sermon, and bible class all gave me the spiritual food I needed that day to leave with an excitement and fervor to enter my week with a skip in my step. I hope you had a similar experience wherever you were able to worship!

Appreciated being fed…

No comments: