Monday, April 20, 2009

Living Wide Awake: Dream - Mark 10:46-51



What did you dream about last night? Was it scary or pleasant? Do you remember at all? I don't recall anything from last night's sleep, but I am sure there was some type of dream. You may not be able to control how much you dream at night or even what you dream. However, you can make a conscious decision to dream for God.

As I shared yesterday, my dream for the church is that everyone, from youngest to oldest, will be so passionate about their faith that they will look for God in everything they do. As I am about to start a new "cycle" of praying for every member, that is going to be on my prayer for each person.

I love to be inspired to dream. I enjoy thinking about no-holds-barred kind of future possibilities. When we limit ourselves, we are limiting God. As Jesus was able to use fish and loaves to feed a five thousand, what could He do with us?

This series is from a same-titled book by Erwin McManus. I haven't read it, I just came across it through an article in an e-mail subscription. We're going to be focusing on reshaping our thought process by seeing that God does put possibilities in our path, every day. Too often we miss that. Here are some applications to choose from to use this week...
  1. Write down a dream you have for the church...what do you want to see happen? The possibilities are endless!
  2. Pray about your dream...how are you going to be an instrument in making it happen? Ask that it be His will. Thank Him, in advance, for working out this dream - whether it comes to fruition or not (in your time).
  3. The next interaction you have with someone, ponder why God may have timed that interaction the way He did...How did you reflect Christ to them?
  4. Then, ponder the next...the next...the next...
  5. Look forward to the open doors that may come your way as you look for God in these situations.
  6. Pray for God to open doors for you in your school, workplace, neighborhood, appointments, etc.
  7. LIVE WIDE AWAKE...don't hide under the covers!
I spent too many years staying under the covers for God, not seeing the life that was waiting for me out there. There were times I may have got out of bed, but those were the typical "Christian" times. The every day times, I generally was staying in bed. However, when I realized how much fun I could have by living wide awake and looking forward to seeing God in my day, I looked forward to the next hour with great anticipation. I learned about the fact that being a messenger for Him was so much fun. Nothing is ever the same in Kingdom work! Everyone's different, so every interaction is different.

I hope you enjoy your opportunities that God brings to you!

Anticipating...

No comments: