Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You Can't Keep a Good Man Down - Inspired by the song by Newsong

One of the things I enjoy doing is playing. I enjoy playing around with Aubrey and/or Oliver. I enjoy playing sports. Since I’m human, I cannot just go and go and go. There are times when I need a rest. However, I enjoy playing so much that even after a bit of a rest, I want to be right back in the middle of things. A little “out-of-breath” is not going to stop me from continuing to participate!

Jesus also had to “take a rest”. He left his Deity and allowed His human side to “rest”. I use this word to describe a momentary time between humanity and ascension. Jesus needed to give up His weak flesh for the sake of you. Jesus died and was put in a tomb, taking a “rest”. This period of time allowed people, both good and bad, to wonder. They wondered if He would “rebuild” as He said He would. They wondered if people would try to steal His body. Others, probably, just wondered. Overall, their wondering didn’t phase His plan. They all found out that a little death was not going to stop Him from participating in eliminating sin from people’s souls. The following are some words from the song “You Can’t Keep a Good Man Down” by Newsong…
When they nailed Him to the cross by His hands and His feet and they put Him in the ground. Three days later everybody found out that ya can't, No you can't keep a good man down, no you can't keep a good man down

Though the title has the word “good” in it, I don’t think that that word is quite strong enough to describe who Jesus is. It may have gone the best with the way the song was written or maybe they were just using the cliché. Regardless, I think that a stronger word like awesome, magnificent, unbelievable, first-class, superior, overwhelming, breathtaking, amazing, or remarkable, may have been a little bit closer to a description. Maybe these words aren’t even close.

Jesus died because He had to for your lying, cheating, murders, denials, addictions, etc. Jesus didn’t just die on the cross and was then put in a grave to stay forever. Jesus escaped from the grave, allowing you to escape the nastiness that comes when sin sentences you to the grave. Because He escaped, we do not have to remain in the grave! What praise can you say to that?! How about…God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good!!!

Everlastingly thankful that I do not have to remain in the grave…

No comments: