Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's He REALLY Thinking - Book Review

So, you want to know what men are thinking. Do you really want to know? It may be pretty scary getting into that mind your guy possesses. The journey to understanding why he responds “Fine” when you ask how his day went and when the wife is asked about her day, it can go for several minutes.

In Paula Rinehart’s book, “What’s He REALLY Thinking?”, she explores various areas of a guy’s life. She touches on what guy’s do, why they hurt, and how they change. She also helps you understand him by exploring areas such as: expectations, respect, conflict, getting through, and intimacy.

These are some basic areas in a guy’s life. Her goal is to make the female in their life, be it a mom, girlfriend, sister, or wife, understand why he does the things he does or doesn’t do the things he doesn’t do.

She has even provided a question section which can be used for personal study to explore the man in one’s life or could be used for a small group setting. Another option would be to use it with your husband, to dig deeper into his psyche.

As I have read a number of books dealing with relationships, I was a bit skeptical going into this one. I also wanted to see for myself if she knew what a “guy was really thinking”. My impression is that she definitely has nuggets of information that can be used to help create facilitate a good relationship with your man, as you get to understand him better.

If you’ve never read any books on a guy’s psyche, this is a good one. To be fair, but not be a “title-dropper”, there are a couple of other books that I would place above this in getting the information across.

1 comment:

Ini Aku said...

Well yes. A men does think of something when women ask them. If it is me, its better to give simple answer for simple question. When a girl ask , "What's wrong with you? You look sick." Then for "fine, i'm feeling great" should be my best answer. It's just I don't really like to be in story telling session. Women always want something in details more then men depends on the situation. So it's just myself. I dont know about others.

Anyway , i find your blog quite nice. I'm putting in my blog link list. If you dont mind.

Thx , Arios.