Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dreamin'

Last week, I, among my family, the Ray's and Shelby, had the privilege of going to the Tulsa Workshop.  It is the highlight of my year, for extracurricular spiritual activities!  The couple of years that I haven't had the chance to go, I felt a big void.

This year did not disappoint!  The Workshop begins with a Wednesday night session.  First off, the singing is bound to get you going.  Being in a room with thousands of other acappella singing singers is super uplifting.  That is followed by a keynote, which is the first thing on the schedule.  Don McLaughlin was this year's speaker.

Early Thursday morning there is a special preacher's round table in the host preacher's office.  If you like the St. Louis Cardinals, you would love to see this office.  He is not only a huge fan, but also he goes on a "mission trip" to the Cardinals Fantasy Camp.  He's been doing it for over 20 years and has connections with several big league players. One of the great things is that the elders come in after it is all over and pray over the 15 preachers that attend. This, for me, makes the entire workshop!

Thursday, Friday, & Saturday there are sessions at 9:00, 10:00, & 11:00 AM, 2:00, 3:00, & 4:00 PM that have at least four different speakers during each session.  While most sessions are for anyone, there are some sessions specifically for the deaf, teens, Spanish, and women.  The whole workshop is free to attend...that's a lot to offer for free!  Plus, there are tons of booths to look around at during the Workshop.

What is really awesome is to hear how God has done things in certain people's lives and to look forward to what God may do in mine.  Maybe not specifically, but most of the time it is because I am not having my eyes open to Him, rather I am opening my eyes to tasks I'm trying to accomplish. It causes me to dream of what it could be like here in Colby.

Starting next week, you will get the chance to hear some "Words of Wisdom from the Workshop" as I will share some of the information I heard from last week with you.

No comments: