Thursday, December 16, 2010

Better to Give than to Receive

It is not a secret that one of the reasons I enjoy the Christmas season is to receive gifts from people. However, from an early age, I heard the phrase “It is better to give than to receive. Hmmph!” “I don’t think so” would have been my typical response. I wanted any gifts for me! 

Though I didn’t enjoy that phrase, there still is truth to it. As much as I enjoy opening gifts, I enjoy buying and giving gifts to others, especially my immediate family. I enjoy watching my wife and kids open up the presents that I bought for them.

With the season and spirit of giving upon us, here is this week’s quote…

Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white'.  ~ Bing Crosby

The things we have to give are not always about presents. You can share your smile, a hug, a compliment, a batch of baked goods, a note of encouragement, a long needed visit, a good attitude, extra change, and the list could go on.

Help make someone’s Christmas a “white” Christmas this year by sharing the blessings that God has given you, with others!

No comments: