Thursday, December 9, 2010

Where Do You Stand?

A country song that was released several years ago had a line that went “if you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.” I was listening to country music a lot during that time and I liked the truth found in that line.

Where we stand in various situations in our life will make the difference in the future of our lives. Each place we stand we have the choice to go in one direction or another.

Sometimes, that place where we are standing is not about an issue of right or wrong, but rather it is a different type of issue. To find out, click here to read this week’s quote…

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort and convenience, but where they stand in times of challenge and controversy.  ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

I will admit that this quote definitely has defined me at certain times in life. I, presumably like you, have had situations where they were not particularly comfortable. I know it probably impacted my outlook and mood – for the negative.

This quote is something that I can easily relate to and it has been something I have been working on since I realized I can be negatively impacted by standing in the wrong place during times of challenge.

May we take the challenge of this quote and decide to “take a stand” in the right places at all times, even in times of challenge, controversy, and inconvenience.

No comments: