Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rest Assure

I recently read that someone had come up with the phrase “Rest Assure” for themselves for 2011. It is simple. It is catchy. It is calming to the Christian.

As I read about her explanation, I thought about the song “It is Well”. To me, that song reminds me to rest assure. To know that there may be storms that come about in life, but “rest assure” that “it is well, with my soul”.

If your soul is even a fraction like mine, you need to know how much God is there with us each day. A few days ago, when I entered my car to soon find out it wouldn’t start, I needed this phrase. The sound the car made was not something I had ever heard. And my “mechanic” brother-in-law was not sure of the sound either. The fact that he didn’t know what it might be would also increase my need to “rest assure”. My sea was “billowing” as car repairs can mount up in dollars in a quick second, I didn’t know what we were going to do.

Luckily, the next morning my brother-in-law was able to work some “coincidental” magic, the car started. It has started ever since then with no repairs made to the vehicle. We had it ran for “codes” and no issues. There are some “could have been” possibilities, but may never know.

Life can be a “Disney vacation” at times and it can be “The Perfect Storm” at others. We probably will tend to lean toward the second movie title to describe life, rather than the first description. We tend to have a life that goes up and down, water splashing over the sides, being tossed back and forth, before coming to a settled point for a while before another storm comes.

When life brings about some wavy times this year...Rest Assure...He’s still here and the calm is coming.

No comments: