Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When You’re Good, You’re Good

You need to know something about yourself...you’re good! Over the past several years, I didn’t know that I was good. I would walk in to a conversation hoping some of others’ goodness would wear on me (I don’t think it ever did). I grew up not realizing that I was good. It wasn’t necessarily anything my parents did or did not do, it was probably just a part of growing up.

The problem with that is we may be teens that do not realize we’re good and then we transition into adults that do not change their mindset. They get into “real life” and forget to realize that they are still “good”.

I ran across this quote that pertains to this subject matter and I think it hits home the fact that “when you’re good, you’re good”. The quote is by Roberta Bondi, “Before anything else, above all else, beyond everything else, God loves us. God loves us extravagantly, ridiculously, without limit or condition.”

Texts like Ephesians 2:10 that tells us we are His workmanship and Psalm 139:14 that tells us we are fearfully and wonderfully made, help remind us how good we actually are, in God’s view.

If/when you are going through a time you find yourself not looking very highly at yourself, remember these verses. They are useful in helping us realize that we are good. God loves us so incredibly much that it is practically unfathomable, which is why we need to wrap our minds around the fact that we are “good”

Be encouraged you’re good and when you’re good, you’re good!

No comments: