Thursday, March 17, 2011

Make Up Your Mind

It is no secret that one of my pet peeves is to be in a group that has a difficult time making decisions. Whether it is “what to do” or “where to eat,” they all are involved in that category. Just this week I was involved in a situation like this. I was the “newbie” of the group, so I did not feel comfortable putting much input into the decision. For one, I was fine with anywhere to eat, but it seemed so many people were that we took at least fifteen minutes trying to decide. The ironic part of it was that our first pick was closed, so we had to go to “Plan B.”

I must admit that there are times when I have a difficult time making up my mind in certain situations, which made me “make a decision” to use this quote for this week’s quote…

The highways of life are full of flat squirrels who couldn't make up their minds.  ~Unknown

When I first read this, I found it to be humorous. Within the humor, I found the the truth.

When it comes to doing things in life, may we make decisions quick enough so that we do not “get ran over.”

May we not join the group of “squirrels” that are on the road of life, which failed to make a decision quick enough. So –– make up your mind!

No comments: