Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Mom's Worth

What is your mom worth to you? Depending on your age and gender will determine your thoughts. I speak from a personal view that I have gone through stages in life and being a male, where I viewed my mom as a worth that was less than deserved.

In my lesson I put together some figures that a mom was worth over $155,000 per year, for a stay-at-home mom. For a working mom, the figures were an additional $90,000 over what they make working outside the home.

Sunday, we looked at Proverbs 31 and focused on verse 31 that reads, “Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates” (ESV). The woman described in these twenty-two verses is a magnificent woman and it ends by letting the reader knows she deserves her worth. Here are some applications to choose to use this week…

  • Appreciate ~ If you are having a difficult time coming up with what you appreciate about your mom, just sit down and think for a bit. It probably won’t take you too long to think of a few.

  • Extend the Day ~ I was looking for card for my wife the other day and I noticed some other cards that I wished I would have come across to send to my mom. The challenge is to take advantage of those times, whether they are “Mother’s Day” cards or not, and send/give additional cards in the future.

  • Feeling Special ~ Take times to let mom know you love her, care about her, and she is worth everything you could give her.

Mother’s Day…a great day to let mom know how much she’s worth! Let her know regardless of the day on the calendar!

No comments: