Thursday, June 30, 2011

What Will You Do With Tomorrow?

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow. You're only a day away."

Most of you probably know that line comes from one of the main songs on the movie "Annie." Tomorrow allows freedom. Freedom to start over. Freedom to have a new set of 24 hours. A new set of 1440 minutes. A new set of 86,400 seconds.

How we use each "tomorrow" is up to us. Most days "tomorrow" is something I look forward to because I enjoy my job. Only a few days, job or otherwise, do I not look forward to its coming. Either way, it is still a day that is going to be a new day, and you can do with it however you wish. This brings us to this week's quote...

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. ~ Lyndon B. Johnson
Tomorrow is not here yet. Yesterday has already past and you cannot change that. Now is present and you can choose how you deal with the choices you face. However, what will will you do with tomorrow? How will you make it a great day? How will you make someone else's "tomorrow" great? What will you do? Wave, smile, buy lunch/dinner, etc.???

Go and make someone's tomorrow great!3;">

2 comments:

Lynn Hare said...

Over the doorway of a Japanese restaurant in Portland, Oregon is a sign: "Free bento tomorrow." Here's the catch: the sign is painted there permanently! The free food is always one day away.

Reminds me of many days (too many!) when I've said, "I'll read my Bible more and spend time alone listening for God's voice...tomorrow."

This mindset, for me, can sometimes become perpetual.

Unknown said...

I like that thought concept!

I live in that state of constant "putting off" far too much than I would like!

I like to "color" my free text messages that way also...a marketing ploy, of sorts! :)