Thursday, March 1, 2012

"To Do" List...1) ___ 2) ____ 3)____

Do you have a list for the various tasks for today or this week? I do, even though I seldom write them down, but it's still a list. I sometimes simply cannot rest until that list is done. Sometimes the list is what to accomplish before lunch and when it isn't accomplished, I am often distracted through lunch.

Even as I write this, there are things on my list that I have not accomplished for the day. How do you deal with such complications to the day?

As I am a person who does a lot of "list" work, here's a fitting quote for the subject..

Whatever your "To do" list is, throw it away.. Let God give you His list for you. ~ Unknown
Ahhhh...get rid of my list! To some degree that will work. I think there are a lot of things that we must be willing to put into God's hands and not try to accomplish all on our own. Too often we go by a list which can prove to be very limiting.

Maybe today you have something on your list but God has something He'd rather you do with the day. It may come as an interruption or just show up during your day. Keep these in mind as you go through your day. Be prepared for God's list to trump your own list. Make sure you're open to it, too.

Have an ever-open list!

Now it's your turn...when has your list changed?

2 comments:

Sharla Fritz said...

Jarrod, love this post! I am also a list person and generally hate interruptions. One thing that has helped me is to make the list, but then ask God what He wants me to do next. It might be something on the list, it might be something else.

Unknown said...

Sharla ~

Thanks so much on the compliment!

That is a good attitude and direction to take with lists.

We never know how God will use our lists to do something that is on His list. We just have to be open!

Have a great week!
Jarrod