Thursday, July 26, 2012

Go Farther to See Farther

One of my biggest traveling disappointments came when I was really young and we were traveling to Colorado from Kansas. It was the first time to go and I was excited beyond compare to see the mountains. I was old enough to have learned about them in school and just couldn't wait to get a glimpse of the Rocky Mountains.

So, we traveled a little over an hour before we came to the Kansas-Colorado state line. Wouldn't you know it, there were no mountains in sight? Then we traveled another hour, still no mountains. My views of Colorado were not living up to what I had thought! I was disappointed to not be able to see any mountains thus far.

To me, Colorado equaled mountains. Obviously, at this point in my traveling, Colorado wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

As we kept traveling, I saw a faint outline of mountains. From then on I would guess my face was plastered to the window, with awe, awaiting a clearer view of the mountains.

They are magnificent, but I had go a little further until I finally could see them. That brings us to this week's quote...

If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. ~ John Wooden
Whether you are traveling or going through life, sometimes seeing the end is a bit hidden. You may know you want to arrive at a certain destination, but the effort to make it is not without work.

The good thing is, when you make it a bit down the journey toward a goal you can now see a little farther. When you make it even farther, you will see even farther yet.

As you go through life may you continually be able to see even farther from one day to the next!

Now it's your turn...When has this quote held true in your life?

No comments: