Thursday, August 9, 2012

How Do You Define Yourself?

Ordinary...a subjective word. You may even say that you want something out of the ordinary, on occasion. Which may mean food, entertainment, or way to spend your free time. As humans, we tend to become bored and ready to do something different as we go through life. However you define something that is "ordinary" someone else may find it "blah" or "extraordinary."

Knowing that the word is subjective, how would you label yourself? Would it simply be "ordinary?" Would it be "extraordinary?" Think about it while you read this week's quote...

I can’t believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary.

 ~ Lou Holtz
One of the exciting things for me is to be able to team up with God and get to do some extraordinary things. I may be "ordinary" in some ways, but with God I am extraordinary.

I love to be able to go through each day not knowing what may come my way that my God and I will be able to do that day. There are so many things that I may have the opportunity to do that I have no idea what it will be like. It makes me look forward to the next day and the next hour. What may come as interruptions may be exactly the opportunity I was anticipating.

I don't believe I was put on this earth to be "ordinary" because there are simply so many things that I can do that are "extraordinary."

Now it's your turn...what is extraordinary about you?

2 comments:

Lynn Hare said...

I'm an ordinary person passionate about the extraordinary power of God. I'm an ordinary wife excited about the extraordinary forgiveness of God expressed by my husband, Tim. I'm an ordinary mother heaping extraordinary praise on 3 ordinary sons & daughters who are growing into leaders in Christ.

Jarrod, I love how you inspire us to greatness in Him!

Unknown said...

Lynn ~

Thank you! I enjoy how your humility comes forth in your passion to live out the extraordinary!