Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Not Again!?!

I feel for those in the southern Louisiana area, and surrounding area, this past week. Hurricane Isaac came through and dumped a lot of water on the area causing more flooding. Though it has been seven years since Hurricane Katrina came through, I can just imagine some of the locals who might be saying “Not again!?!” as they experience flooding and devastation throughout this storm.

It also made me think of some verses from Habakkuk 3:17-19...
    17 Though the fig tree does not bud
        and there are no grapes on the vines,
    though the olive crop fails
        and the fields produce no food,
    though there are no sheep in the pen
        and no cattle in the stalls,
    18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
        I will be joyful in God my Savior.
    19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
        he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
        he enables me to tread on the heights
I am continually uplifted by Habakkuk’s attitude toward the lack of “good things” going on in his life at this moment. This is a time in his life where nothing good seems to be happening, but yet at the same time, he looks to God!

As the devastation and rebuilding will begin in a few days and the following weeks may we be praying for this area and the people. Also may we be praying that people will turn to God during this time of trial instead of away from Him. That there will be people of faith who will be put in the path of those who are feeling hopeless and be given a message of hope. Let’s simply lift up the area in continual prayer and allow God to work as people are sent to the area to help out. Be praying!

No comments: