Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shaping Life

When I was younger I remember being told that I needed to choose my friends wisely. Those I hung around would have an influence on my future. Occasionally, I was reminded of this when my mom didn't like my ongoing behavior; accrediting it to my peers.

Those who we are around can have a great influence on us. That influence could be toward the negative or the positive. That influence could project us forward, drag us behind, or keep us stagnate. How we choose will make a difference in our life, so the choice is yours. That brings us to this week's quote...

You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big question: Is that okay? Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change. ~ Jim Rohn
As you read through that quote, how did you respond? What is your current situation(s) like with those you are around? How are they treating you? Are you challenged to read anything? Do they make you move toward the positive in your thinking or challenge your thinking? What will you "become" because you know them and hang around them?

Are you okay with where your life is going? What do you need to do to make things become better? What changes in a portion of your life must you make?

This challenges me to keep going with people and situations that can make a positive difference in my life, rather than have people that will drag it down.

Now it's your turn...What will your life look like in the next six months after you answer these questions?

No comments: