Thursday, March 21, 2013

The First Spring Day

Growing up in the midwest has caused me to be used to wind, aridness, and the four seasons. The four seasons are never able to be completely defined by any kind of a time or event. The summer can be unseasonably cool. The winter unseasonably warm. Then there are the sudden snows or tornadoes that come about in spring or fall when they shouldn't be showing up then.

I've grew up knowing that things are not the same from one day to the next in the midwest. Someone once said this about the weather in the midwest, "Stick around, it'll change." That is defintely true! I have seen days recently where it was so hot we turned our air conditioner on in the car and the next day we were turning on our heater. It is just crazy how the weather is so unpredictable where I've grown up. That brings us to this week's quote...
The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. ~ Henry Van Dyke
Spring is probably my favorite season. One thing is for sure, there is greatness in every season. However, as I have found truth in this quote, I look forward to the spring day(s)!

I love to be able to spend time outside long into the evening with my children, running with them, laughing with them, getting in the dirt with them, flying kites with them, helping them ride their bike, and the list continues.

March 20th is the first day of spring, but that may not always be the first spring day. That can happen before or after that time. Regardless, whenever that first day comes...enjoy it! When the second spring day comes..do the same. Along with the third, fourth, fifth, etc.

Now it's your turn..what is your favorite season and why?

No comments: