Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday Mentionings: Can I Trust God to Lead Me? - I Samuel 23:1-5

Sunday’s assembly was a great uplift for me! The atmosphere was exciting and inviting! Hopefully, you had a similar experience and feeling to make your week get off to a great start!!!

Sometimes life hands us different barricades which cause our faith to not be a strong or consistent and it could be. Last week, we looked at being free from a hurtful past, as one barricade. This week was another barricade, we looked at the question, “Can I trust God to lead me?” As we reflect back, here are additional applications...

  1. When it comes to our personal thoughts on a certain scripture, a specific text, or a topic, we can easily make a mistake. As you question and/or investigate any topic, text, or scripture, ask God to lead you to the right answer and trust as He leads you in your investigation. May we allow God to shape us, instead of trying to shape God’s Word around our personal thoughts!
  2. As you think about the question “Can I trust God to lead me?” it may seem easy to answer with a “Yes” in most cases. However, think about if you can trust God’s wisdom in getting you through each day with every, yes, e-v-e-r-y interaction you have with others. I am talking about confrontations, as well as, opportunities to connect and walk through an open door. Can/will you trust God to lead you?
Have a great day!

Serving Him ~

No comments: