Thursday, March 20, 2008

E-mail Encouragement: Passion Meets an Open Door

Just today, actually a few minutes ago, I heard "I hate tests!" from a student who was struggling with his test. Most of us have had that feeling. Very few like tests. The only tests I have ever "liked" are the tests which I was very prepared for and it was easy. Practically speaking, we are tested each and every day. It informs the "teacher" or "Master" if we understand the concept. Will we stop at the stop sign, will we give back the extra change, will we turn the other cheek, etc.

A different type of test comes when our Creator wonders if you will use what you are passionate about to share the Good News with someone. The test shows up with an open door...will you walk through it or not...that is what this week's quote is about...

God will use you in big ways when passion walks through the open door! ~ J. K. Spencer

I believe that God will use us in big, huge, incredible, astronomical ways when what we are passionate about walks through the open door. I've had a good week of God's surprises and open doors. As much as it energizes me, I hope that you will be infected and blessed with the feeling that comes from the surprises of God. I hope you will be brave and bold enough to walk through the open doors that God puts in front of you.

Let me hear of your "surprises".

Have an "open door" filled rest of your week!

Happy Easter!

Anxious about where the next door will lead ~

No comments: