Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!

Gomer Pyle was one who often was "surprised" on the Andy Griffith Show. Lately, I've been able to share in some big surprises.

Last week was the Tulsa International Soul Winning Workshop. The biggest single gathering for the Church of Christ - since 1975. There are people that come from practically all parts of the country and world. The speakers are from all over as well.

As it worked out, this year I was able to design the PowerPoint slides that were used for promotional purposes. I thought that was awesome! To get to help out a workshop that I have enjoyed going to was a neat thrill. People from all over world use the slides I designed!

Then, while I'm there, one of the speakers wasn't able to speak. I notified the director if he needed a fill-in, I could be ready. As God worked it out, I was given the open door! I was stoked! I was on cloud nine and had to pinch myself. The theme was "Prayer" and I spoke on "How Prayer Impacts Marriage". I didn't know how many people would come being a "fill-in" situation, but it was standing room only! It was a great experience!!! I am still praising God for this experience. I don't know if it will happen again, but I loved that opportunity!

Then, I was surprised by being able to design the next year's logo, PowerPoint slides, and magazine cover. God has blessed me with a great idea already for the theme logo, and I can't wait to build the slides and create the cover.

These are a few of the bigger, out of the ordinary, surprises. God is still putting surprises along my path as I interact with people! I am thrilled with the day-to-day surprises, just as much as the bigger surprises!!! God is Good...All the Time!!!

How have you been surprised???

Anxiously awaiting today's surprises ~

No comments: