Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Give Up!

Most of us have said the words "I give up". You had a task to perform and it became impossible to finish. You worked and worked but couldn't come to a solution. However, you could have been just around the corner of solving the problem or doing something great. But you never will know because you gave up.

It is not simply continuing on that is the real issue, but rather backing up, evaluating the situation and solving the problem. This brings us to this week's quote...
The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those, which fail. ~ Napoleon Hill
There is nothing wrong with coming up with a wrong answer, as long as, it is not your final answer. This week I was working on my bathroom. I was trying to get the handles off of the shower faucet. I took the set screws out and then expected the handle to just pop off. However, they didn't just pop off. After talking with two different men experienced in the field of "repair", I thought I knew what I needed to do. I tried...nothing going. Finally, they broke free, after a bit of hammering on them. I had to try to do something different than I had been for the plan to work!

I see this as a problem with life as a Christian. We try evangelizing, but no results. We try a time or two more (if you're lucky), still no results. How likely are you to continue on? Probably not very much. Don't think of evangelizing as a "bible study", but rather think of it as any time/way you share Jesus. I challenge you to continue on - but trying different approaches.

Whatever your endeavors, be persistent and evaluate what you did and see how the next one can be even better.

Backing up and looking at where I've been to improve the future...AND working on not "giving up"~

No comments: