Monday, October 20, 2008

A New Found...House - Acts 2:46

Have I been to your house? If I had I would have seen belongings of yours that were close to you, that describe you, that show what type of person you are. If I haven't and we have met, then I have only seen a very small portion of what reflects who you are.

If you have been to my house you would see things that reflect who I am. You would know what teams I root for and what memorabilia I have that show I like those teams. You may also find out what types of food I prefer. These, among other things, can only be known when you come into my home.

The early church met together in homes. There are a variety of possibilities as to why they did, regardless, we know they did. I think that they grew stronger as a group because they did meet in homes. This is what we looked at yesterday as we looked at Acts 2:46. Here are some applications to choose from to use this week...
  1. When was the last time you had someone over to your house for a social reason? What about a group of people? Whether you have a hobby, like to watch sports, play games, enjoy good food, etc., make it a point to get together with someone, in your home, once a month.
  2. Bonds strengthen. Visiting with people in a home environment produces a feeling of comfort and you become closer to that person or group of people. When you visit ask about a person's interest, family, or their past. Trust is greater in a home.
  3. Practice Impromptu Invites. Occasionally, invite someone over to your house after an event or on a spur of the moment. It may create a very meaningful memory!
  4. Bring in Outsiders. How will your friends/family/neighbors ever get to know your church family if they never go to assembly with you? When you have a gathering made up of church people, invite a few others from outside your church. It may surprise you what friendships evolve through these events.
The early church gained so much from meeting like this . May God give you opportunities to have people into your home as so you can strengthen your friendships!

Welcoming Into My House...

No comments: