Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The "MAC"

This week had an exciting element for me. I had the opportunity to sit in on a meeting of the Board of a project called “The MAC”. This is a project of massive size. Some of you are aware of this project. They are trying to build a YMCA-like center for the community of Colby and the entire northwest Kansas area. The name “The MAC” stands for multipurpose activity center. It really seems like an awesome project. I was asked to come and hear about the project, later to be elected to be on the Board! I look forward to the opportunities that God will open as the project continues in the future.

Though, that was an exciting time for me, there is a different “MAC” that I want you to think about. This one is a “multipurpose active Christian”, you might say it comes from I Corinthians 9:22b, “I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some.”

That allows us to see that we are to be Christians of multipurpose. We may be asked to do a host of things that we’re not accustomed to doing for the sake of introducing someone to Jesus. That may mean being in an environment we’re not used to. That may mean talking to someone we’re not normally comfortable talking to. That may mean working through a rough patch with someone. That may mean digging for good things about an individual to appreciate about them. That may mean talking when you normally like to be quiet. I think you are getting the picture.

The middle part is vital to the description…active. Active does not simply mean moving. An active basketball player is not just one that is moving about. Could you imagine a player that just stayed in one area hopping all around? They wouldn’t be very productive. An active Christian is not one that simply is not a pew sitter. They are one that submits and commits to be used, and looks for ways which they can be used.

Are you a “MAC”? I hope we all will be…imagine what the church would be like if we all became “MACs”

No comments: