Monday, December 22, 2008

Working With Servants


Over the years God has done some pretty amazing things with His people. Moses - rescuing the Israelites and parting the Red Sea, Gideon - winning battles by being outnumbered, and Mary - giving birth to deity - God's only Son.

I like to look with anticipation at how God is going to use me each day. Even today, I wonder and am eager to see who will be in my path that I can plant a seed in their life. Who's been in your path today/lately? This anticipation makes things exciting. In fact, on a spiritual level, it is the same excitement that I have for Christmas Morning! That is what I hope to rub off on others as time goes on. I didn't have that excitement a long time ago...but I am glad I have it now!

Yesterday, we looked at how God works with servants. We took a look at how God worked with Mary, but she was wondering exactly how this news of her being pregnant was going to happen. However, nothing will be impossible with God. Thus, Mary was blessed to bring in the Savior into the world - for you and me. Here are some applications to choose from to use this week...
  1. Pray that God will keep your eyes open to look at each person that comes across your path as someone you can plant seed in.
  2. See how many areas that you can apply the "nothing will be impossible with God" mindset.
  3. Submit the difficult situations to Him and allow Him to work them out - remember to give Him time.
  4. Share with someone the amazing things that God did with you today, and each day.
  5. Look for ways to expand your territory (I Chronicles 4:10) to increase your influence - joining a civic group, volunteering, inviting a family of a friend of your children for dinner/activity, or you think of one.
I've already had the "surprise" moments since we've moved. It has made things fun and exciting...I wish I could put it into words!

Hope you're ready for Christmas! Have a Merry Holiday Season!

Looking forward to those in my path...

No comments: