Thursday, January 8, 2009

Exploring New Paths

Templates are created to make it easier for people to create things. I am not a user of many templates. I only used a template for my blog because I don't know how to design my own, yet. (I don't even use a Blogger template, to try to be more unique) Whenever I design a website, I don't download a template. I want it to be something that I created. When I write a sermon, I don't look for other peoples' sermons to use. When I teach, I like to use my own material, not taking a published lesson straight from a book.

As we go about life, it is much more energizing and rewarding to go to places others have never been. Places other's have been do not bode well for new explorations. Where have you tread in life that others had not gone before? That brings us to this week's quote...
If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success. ~ John D. Rockefeller
When you go down a road never taken, you get to be the first to experience the experiences. You may be breaking ground on something that has never been done before. You get to be the first to plant the flagpole in the ground to say that you're the first one here, ever!

As you finish out the rest of the week, look for paths you can head down, which someone else hasn't yet taken...find the success in each day by being that day's trailblazer!

Walk down the path of "success"!

No comments: