Monday, April 27, 2009

In the Footsteps of Paul - by Ken Duncan


Living in modern-day America, it is quite difficult to envision what the Apostle Paul must have experienced – the land, sea, and the towns. Ken Duncan, author and photographer of “In the Footsteps of Paul: Experience the Journey that Changed the World”, takes us to many of the places that Paul was or likely was at during his lifetime.

This one hundred seventy-five page book is filled with stunning photographs of places that I will probably never see. As I read and looked through it I was intrigued to want to look deeper and deeper into the two dimensional pictures. I wanted to peak around corners and reach out and touch. However, I had to rely on the photos to give me a perspective of what life was like in Paul’s day. I tried to envision people walking around the streets. Paul getting into boats. Structures not being torn down.

This is a book which I will look at over and over again. Paul is a main character in the New Testament, so, as a minister, I will be teaching about him regularly. I feel that this book gives me a better visual insight as to who Paul was and where he went as he traveled. I think I will be more in tune with Paul as I will be able to open up this book and visualize him in the Scriptures.

The book does offer more than pictures, as there are hundreds of quotes and scriptures to help you be more acquainted with a particular picture.

It is a great resource book to have to help anyone visualize Paul and the life he led.

No comments: