Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Interruptions

Wouldn't you know it, the week of speaking about how one needs to lose control God sends me with a few interruptions.  A couple of meetings with people, called in to substitute teach, and called to see if I want to work on the future Tulsa Workshop theme design, to name a few. And, none were disappointing which is part of the reason I love my profession.

I don't know how many of these are "God-things". I could over analyze the situations and try to rack my brain around the idea whether or not God brought about every single one of those or if once they were brought about it was up to me to see the bright side of the situation, or a combination of both. Regardless, I like to try to see where God is once I get into a situation. How I can be used by Him to reflect Him to others so that they can get a small glimpse of Him.

Did you notice any "interruptions" in your week?  Did you notice God saying "You're not in control"?  These can be as humbling for us as they were for Nebechadnezzar. No one had the humbling experience that he did, which we can say "thank you" to God for not putting us through something like that. What did your interruptions look like - major or minor?  Uplifting or teeth-gritting?  Eye-opening or eye-rolling?

Interruptions may come into our life more often than we think and we just do not recognize them.  Even in the painful, irritating times, may we find a moment to relax and look for the silver linings that may come out of each interruption.  May we humble ourselves to see that we are not in control but He is.

Whether or not the interruptions you experience are from God, use them, anyway, for His glory and see what great thing may be couched in the interruption(s) of the week ahead.



Facebook Digg it Google Technorati Twitter MySpace Gmail
Yahoo! My Web del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Windows Live

Social Bookmarking Links

No comments: