Monday, June 21, 2010

It’s About Winning

Just about any venture I involve myself into I want to win/succeed. This is especially true when it comes to sports. Though I learned to relax a bit when I was in college playing coed softball with less than athletic females. However, each time I am involved I want to win.  It doesn't matter if is sports, designing something or delivering a sermon, I hope to do well. When that doesn't happen I am my worst critique to improve the next time.

I would guess that many of you are similar. You hope to improve each time you venture into an area. You don't aim to lose or even close to last. Yesterday, for Father's Day, we looked at the concept of winning by examining a few scriptures. Here are some applications to choose from to use this week...

  1. Pursue Victory ~ if you are like me, you enjoy winning and doing well. An old saying goes "that its easier to calm down a fire than start one". By that I mean if your pursuing something positive, continue. Go after what will make you victorious.
  2. Enjoy the Circle ~ Too often life can cause us to see the fog instead of the objects.  We get wrapped up in the fog of problems, irritations, frustrations, failures, etc., instead of looking at the great things we have before us.  As Christians, we have the luxury of being able to be in the “winner’s circle” as we are heirs of greatness.  Enjoy it!
  3. Promote Your Team ~ When a team is successful, people want to be a part of that team.  It is usually going to be evident as people will be purchasing/wearing that team's apparel.  Plus, conversations will involve talking/sharing about that team.  As you are on God’s team, which is the greatest one ever, who are you going to share that great news with?

Want to win?  We all probably do.  In the Christian race, there is the potential that everyone wins.  However, not all will, based on their choice.  What is your choice?  I choose to make sure that I cross the finish line “on the right team” because “it’s about winning”!

No comments: