Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Revving Up for Father’s Day

VROOM!  VROOOM! VROOOOOMMM! The sound of the engines revving up before a race. Their engines are really loud so that they can achieve the quick speed in as fast of time as possible.  They fill up the sounds and smells of the racetrack.  A day at the races will bring a lot of enjoyment to many people.

In a couple of weeks, it will be Father’s Day.  It is a day to say “thanks” to our fathers.  A day to show respect to the “man” in our life.

This year, I am using a NASCAR theme as my basis for this year’s Father’s Day Sermon.  It is going to be a lot of fun as I have received “things” to decorate the auditorium with various racing and NASCAR themed things – Checkered flag, Die-cast vehicles, Giveaways, etc.

I was blessed to receive a few things with NASCAR on it and spoke with a couple of actual NASCAR teams.

I am excited to have the building transformed into a racing theme!

I challenge you to “rev up your engines” and invite others for this special “manly” racing day!

No comments: