Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Extra Degree: Locusts are Coming

One day to the next can make a big difference. Basically any event in history has been different the day before. Someone was still alive or buildings were still standing the day before.

Last year was 2011 and you were a "certain way." As we are into 2012, this is your year to do something different. You can be a different way. You can go from 211-degrees to 212-degrees and allow bubbles to produce due to being at the boiling point. This will produce power and power can accomplish amazing things.

Sunday, we looked at the first couple of chapters of Joel. In those chapters is a descriptions of the coming of locusts. With that said, there is a difference in one day to the next. Here are some applications to choose from to use this week...

  • One Week Before ~ Start praying that God will bring about a change in your perspective of how you can be used.
  • One Day Before ~ As you've been praying for the change, look forward to the change that God will bring about. It may be something tangible, or it may simply be a new outlook on being used by God.
  • Day 1 and Beyond ~ This is the time. This is the start of something special. This is when you will have a change in perspective. This is when God will start to use you in ways that are unlike the day before. Why is this possible, this is because you have a different outlook. As long as that remains, you will see fun things come to your life.
I love being surprised by God. I love being able to use my talents to His glory. I love the "interruptions" in life that bring about a noticeable Spirit-moving through people. The kind of interruptions that bring people my way waiting for me to share my faith with them.

How is God using you? How has He used you this month? Have you noticed anything different about this year? I already have, I hope you have too.

Now it's your turn, what obstacles prevent you from going all in to seeing God's working in your life?

1 comment:

Lynn Hare said...

How did God use me? He gave me specific Scriptures and words of encouragement to share with people who were discouraged.

What obstacles stop me from seeing God working in my life? Trying to define the future based on experiential knowledge of my past. Forgetting that God likes to do things creatively - in unique & different ways.