Thursday, January 26, 2012

Confidence and Understanding the Problem

I remember being dumb enough to think that since I had a little bit of experience in standing in front of a church and talking (aka giving a sermon) that it would help me in preaching school.

Again, my mind was not thinking very maturely at that time. For I soon found out that many of the guys had had experience in pulpit preaching.

Sometimes we tend to be a bit naive about things. When it comes to confidence, sometimes even that can come from a sense of naivety!
That brings us to this week’s quote…
Confidence is the feeling you have before you really understand the problem. - Unknown
Have you ever been there? Had confidence in one area, but really you don't have much confidence. I have taken on some "fatherly" tasks that I have been naive before - simply looking at the directions before reading them!

When it comes to confidence we can have even more because we can all be here for each other. May we be trying to understand the problem so our confidence is not naive!

No comments: