Thursday, June 7, 2012

See It Before It Happens

I have been doing a lot of painting on windows over the past few months. It has been something that has allowed me to use my talents and has opened the door to be able to share my faith. When I start a painting, I must visualize what it is going to look like. I also must try to keep it to a certain scale.

One secret that I’ve learned in art that I would pass on to anyone, is that I don’t try to draw or paint a specific object. I try to paint shapes or lines that eventually become an object. I treat letters, flowers, faces, or whatever else I am working on in a painting as its own separate shape. I have learned this takes the pressure off of objects trying to look like something specific. In the end, that object comes out looking like it, but it is because I have matched up lines, etc. to allow it to become the two-dimensional object it ends up looking like.

Whether it is painting or goals, we must be thinking about it ahead of time so we know what we are to end up with in the end. That brings us to this week’s quote…
The entrepreneur is essentially a visualizer and actualizer, He can visualize something, and when he visualizes it, he sees exactly how to make it happen. ~ Robert L. Schwartz
Not all of us are “entrepreneurs” but we all have a goal in mind when we go to tackle a project. Be it cleaning out the garage, preparing a lesson plan, or painting on a window, to have a goal in mind, in the end is helpful to see what you are expecting to see in the end.

What goals/projects are you visualizing today? How are you going to make that happen?

Now it’s your turn…What have you had success in by being able to visualize it first and then seeing how it is actually going to happen?

No comments: