Thursday, July 5, 2012

"All Men are Created Equal"...

America is truly a great country. There are things about the government that I am not in favor of, but the country itself, is great! I am eternally grateful that I know no other country to really live in other than the grand ol' USA.

I recently had the privilege to travel through the western half of the US and saw some GREAT places! From the arid areas of New Mexico, to the canyons, to the trees, to the hillsides, to the mountains, to the Ocean, to the rock formations - it was all great! I also saw a great man-made attraction in Hoover Dam (built in 1935).

As we celebrated our country yesterday, may this quote also encourage you...

Fourscore and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. ~ Abraham Lincoln
I join several thousand who like Lincoln. He had some great quotes, aside from this portion of a speech. I think we have a lot to continue to pursue in understanding the equality of man.

May this be something we continue to pursue to "get right" in our country as we see generations come and go into the future.

Now it's your turn...what do you see as an obstacle in accomplishing this feat?

1 comment:

Lynn Hare said...

I think the primary obstacle is our culture embracing some people above others. Hollywood actors and pro line backers get paid millions, while pastors have to hold a bake sale to get funds for a missions trip.

But with God, it's a level playing field. I frequently do "heart checks" to make sure I'm not judging others. I pray I will get better with that in time.