Monday, January 5, 2009

Rule #1: We Are Family


The Ron Clark Story came out in 2006, and when I saw the preview I knew I wanted to see it. When I saw it, I hoped I could have the movie. The dilemma was, it was a TV movie, not out in theaters. Thankfully, after some research, I found out it was made to DVD...and thanks to my beautiful wife, this Christmas she bought it for me.

Ron establishes several rules for his classroom, 55 to date. One of the first ones that he put in his classroom was the one that is in the picture...We are family. This applies so much to church life. As a new chapter begins in my life, this was a strong point that I want people to understand. Here are some applications to use from this lesson...
  1. Pray for each person in the church on a regular basis.
  2. Pray when something/someone bothers you.
  3. Pray for ways you can be of service to your family
  4. Approach someone when you have concerns
  5. Encourage, commend, congratulate, uplift, and anything else positive that you can think of to those who are in the family.
  6. Be the first to put your hand out to greet someone or to hug someone's neck
  7. Reflect on your imperfection before you point out someone else's.
  8. Appreciate those who are in your family - even if you have to look a while to find something to appreciate.
Click on the title, Ron Clark Story Trailer, to go to a website to see the trailer, especially if you have never seen the movie before.

This movie is probably one of my top ten movies, specifically in the drama category. It is very inspirational to try to help others know more!

Appreciating my "family"!

No comments: